What to do when you hate your job? This can be hard, easy or something in between. It depends upon a few things. For example, are you ready for a career change? And, what kind of job you want to get into. Are you just starting out, want to change careers or looking for a second career?
Some people don’t need to take career assessments because they seem to have been born knowing what they want to do for a living. They know what their abilities are and know their personalities well…
- What I would do first is make a pro and con list about my job
- What things do you like or don’t?
- There should be at least a few things you like about your current job. It can’t be all bad!
- What career have you dreamt about?
- Do you have any experience in what you want to get into or do you need to go back to college or a technical school?
- Go out and talk to someone in that profession to get a firsthand opinion how it really is to work in it
- I would ask myself what I hate about my current job?
- Is it because it is hard to do?
- Do you have a weak ability to do the work, is it boring, no challenges, would you rather work alone?
- This is why they have assessments: to take an inventory by asking you questions about yourself. How well do you know you?
- What would your dream job look like?
- Make a plan right now to get out of a job you hate
Some of us may like to change careers, but don’t know what jobs they would like doing. Career and personality assessments can help you know yourself better as it relates to picking the right careers for your personality, interests and abilities.